Monday, May 4, 2009

Am I weird because I dont have many friends & when I do have them find it hard to stay friends?

I am 25,married with 2 kids under 6. I fill my time with my families needs, renovating my house, doing my gardens, I am studying law, do a dance class once a week, love to read and write, enjoy learning new things- currently learning about survival in the bush, orienteering, plants,wildlife, e.t.c....I have 3 sisters %26amp; 2 brothers %26amp; talk to them, my mother, parents in law at least once a week. I take my youngest child to a mums group where I talk to other mums easily. I have no close friends outside of theese people. My family call me a loner %26amp; think it is weird that I do not want to make friends. My husband is similar to me, is close to his parents %26amp; has 1 good friend since childhood. I recently made friends with a mum of my age by talking to her at a shop. However I find I have to make an effort to even call her, but when we are together it is fun. I like being alone alot, but am going to make more friends to satisfy my family. I do enjoy occasional company.Am I a weird loner?

Am I weird because I dont have many friends %26amp; when I do have them find it hard to stay friends?
I think that's perfectly understandable - it takes time to maintain friendships and it seems like that's something you don't have a lot of at the moment! There's nothing wrong with enjoying the company of your family so much that you don't feel you need other people aswell. So maybe you are a loner, but what's wrong with that if you're happy? I say live the way you want to live and make friends for yourself, not to appease your family.


Keep up the good work : )
Reply:Friends come and go, your family will be there forever.Be who you are, don't let others tell you what or how you should be. Ask yourself ; am I happy? Do I like myself? If you answer yes to these questions, ROCK ON!!


No comments:

Post a Comment