Monday, May 4, 2009

How can I find new friends for my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a month and everything's going great. When we started going out he told me that he was trying to turn over a new leaf because he had gotten arrested (for the third time) for marijuana possesion. This was in April of this year. He started going to group therapy and NA and AA meetings in preparation for his court date. He was doing really well, going to all his meetings and spending the majority of his free time with me. However, whenever he hangs out with his friends and frat buddies, he smokes pot with them. Not only that, but all his friends are into all kinds of drugs (marijuana, cocaine, prescription pills, etc.) and all of them have had run-ins with the law because of it. I know that if his friends didn't use, then he wouldn't either because he never does it when he's not with them.





How can I get him to find some new friends who aren't stoners? He's starting grad school in the fall, so this might help, but is it enough?

How can I find new friends for my boyfriend?
I guess it's up to him to make the decision. If he really doesn't want to smoke then he will say no. His friends should also understand if they are his real friends.





Do you have any guy friends? Or know any great ones out there? You and him could hang out with them more often. Maybe he would get along with these people and become friends with them too.





Good luck. I hope he stops and gets better friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment