Thursday, November 19, 2009

Is it possible to check my myspace history and find old friends I've chatted with?

To be a little more specific, about a year ago I found an old friend of mine on myspace and then Tom started doing all that "fixing profiles" crap and now I lost some of my friends. I can't find my old friend anymore. He's not on my friend list, when I tried to Search his name I couldn't find him, and I even did an advanced browsing and tried to look for old notes we've sent each other etc.. etc.. Trust me, I've tried EVERYTHING!! Is there like, a hack or code or SOMETHING that will let me view all the notes I've EVER sent or all the people who have EVER been my myspace friend?? I know it sounds farfetched, but I'm REALLY desperate to find him again because I haven't seen him in a longgg time...

Is it possible to check my myspace history and find old friends I've chatted with?
What happened was that MySpace cleared out all of the profiles that have been deleted.





So if your friend is no longer on your list, it probably means that he deleted his profile at some point.





If you've sent each other comments, his comments would still be on your page. If they are no longer on your page, it's a sure sign that his profile doesn't exist anymore. Same thing with messages, unless you've cleared those out yourself.





Unfortunately, there isn't any sort of hack along those lines... with over 200 million users, there's no way that the servers would be able to keep records of every note and every comment ever sent. That would take up an unthinkable amount of memory.





My best advice is to just do a search for his name every few weeks or months, and see if he opens a new page at any point.





And in the future, if you find someone that you don't want to lose track of, your best bet is to add them to your Favorites. It's completely private; they'll never know they're there. And if they disappear from that, it's a sure thing they're not a MySpace user anymore.





Hope this helps; I know, it's frustrating!


No comments:

Post a Comment